Hi Andrew, Thanks for your input. Really appreciate you taking the time.
I understand what you're saying.
This particular issue has arisen as I've made a small change to the sternum on my target model - I have broken it into two pieces of geo (as opposed to just being one in the Max character asset). This means that the source and my target models don't match anymore.
I've successfully warped the muscles and lines of action but the clusters didn't come along for the ride.
I have been given some advice that if I rebuild Max to use zRivets, then zBuilder can save and load those as well as all the attachments. I understand that I'll need to manually rebuild those around the sternum because of my edit though, which is fine.
I'm primarily a 3dsMax artist (games and arch-vis background). I'm relatively new to Maya however I've already set up my animation rig to drive the bone geo. It comprises of a joint hierarchy to import mocap data onto then I have additional FK IK systems for further animation control.
I'm trying to learn as much as possible at every stage. Rigging is the most complicated thing I've put my hand to, that is for sure, but I'm enjoying the ride! Just a little bit stuck at this point.
As I have the muscles and lines of action positioned correctly on my target, I may just suck it up and rebuild all the attachments and LOA zRivets in order to learn that process.
Thanks again for your time.