dilenshah23 thanks for your interest in using Ziva!
We currently don't support tearing natively.
If you'd like to emulate the effect of tearing, there are a couple of ways that you could approach this:
- Break your mesh into separate tissues.
- Connect them together using fixed attachments
- Animating the attachment envelope to a value of "0" over time - as the attachment strength weakens, this will then allow the tissues to come apart.
The second approach you could try would be to:
- Model your neutral mesh with all of the splits already separated
- Make either 1 or more animated rest shapes that closes those holes (without changing the topology)
- Set the resolution of your tet mesh around the splits to be fine enough so that the tet mesh does not fuze.
- Activate the rest shape(s) at the beginning of your sim ( ramp them on during run-up).
- animate them off over time.
Or try a combination of both of these approaches.
I hope this helps!