I thought I'd post here before contacting support.
My scenario is a classic "animal moving in space". I've done that with no issues in the past but for some reason I am facing new challenges here. Here is my question:
Is there any obvious reason why a muscle simulation would look jerky ?
Imagine that every other frame the muscles are off the bones and then snap back, and that is a gradual effect that becomes more and more apparent over time.
I have checked a few obvious offenders:
- checked skeleton subframes - looks ok and smooth
- baked anim on the rivets for zLineOfAction nodes - to avoid eventual cycles
- tried to make the solver evaluate at 25 or 50fps
- tried with 2, 4 and 6 substeps
- baked anim on the solver transforms to remove the parent constraint for run up
It's a bit of a mystery to me at the moment, the animation is not particularly quick or extreme, the asset does not travel exceptional distances in the world, and it seems that I am doing things as I was in the past but I never had this happening. It is worth to mention that I have tested muscles, fat, etc... on walk, run and custom animation cycles and they were all successful and looked stable.
Thanks for your help and insights.