Hi all, I'm new here and thought I would see if anyone has a solution for my issue. I've been experiencing consistent crashing in Maya in both interactive and standalone mode after using Ziva Transfer. I will lay out my steps below to help you understand my process thus far:
- I downloaded the free Mr. Ink asset and opened the mr_ink/scenes/skin/skin.ma file and exported the skin mesh as the target mesh.
- I exported my character's skin as the source mesh and used R3DS Wrap to conform the target mesh to the source mesh proportions. I exported the result as the morphed mesh.
- I opened the mr_ink/scenes/muscle/muscle.ma file, saved it as muscle_transfer.ma, and imported the target mesh and the morphed mesh.
- Using the target and morphed meshes, I used Ziva Transfer to morph the bones and tissues to my character's proportions. I hit the Update Rig button in the Ziva Transfer menu. I saved the file as morphed_rig.ma.
- I separated the bones into a separate file, deleted all history, and saved the file as morphed_bones.ma. I created a simple rig to drive the bones.
- I used the alembic cache in mr_ink/bakes/upper_body_rom/bones to retarget the animation onto the morphed bones rig. I saved this file as morphed_bones_anim.ma.
- I reopened the morphed_rig file and referenced the morphed_bones_anim file. I created blendshapes between the animated bones and the Ziva rig bones.
- I added a zCache node beneath the Ziva solver.
- I made sure that the playback speed in the timeline was set to play every frame and hit play to begin the cache.
- The cache runs for about 800 frames and then crashes Maya.
I've tried this in both interactive and standalone mode and get consistent crashes around 800 frames. I've also tried skipping the zCache and attempting an alembic cache on the tissues without success. Any help in creating stable caches would be appreciated.